No experience needed!
Want to learn and have a great time? Sonoma Hacks is for you! Sonoma Hacks is designed for all skill levels! Whether you are an advanced programmer looking for a challenge or a beginner seeking to learn more about coding, Sonoma Hacks has something for you!
April 15th: registrations due
Day 1: Saturday, April 17th
- 11:00am – Welcoming ceremony. Includes guest speaker, and prompt announcement
- 11:30am – hacking begins
- 12:00pm – WORKSHOP: Python Game Demo by UC Berkeley Students
- 1:00pm – WORKSHOP: How to Build a Cloud Connected AR/VR App in 15 Minutes or Less by Echo AR
- 1:45pm – WORKSHOP: Web Design by Planeteria Media
Day 2: Sunday, April 18th
- 11:00am- Networking 101 by Galicia Gordon
- 12:00pm – turn in submissions
- 12:30 pm – Closing ceremony
This event is made possible by all of our wonderful sponsors!
Sonoma Hacks is run by students, for students!
Who can participate?
Anyone from grades 9th to 12th grade can attend.
Do I need a team?
No! There can be teams of 2 to 3 people but working alone is totally okay!
What if I am new to coding?
That is completely fine! Alongside the competition, we also have workshops and guest speakers that are an interactive way to learn more about programming!
Does the event cost any money?
Nope, Sonoma Hacks is 100% free! All you need to do is show up ready to have fun!
Will there be prizes?
Yup! We will be handing out prizes for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place.
What can I make?
Anything! There will be a prompt and in the 24 hours you are given, you can make anything ranging from a website, to an app, to video game! Your submission will be judged by a panel creativity, utility, technical skill, and polish.
For more details, please contact us at – email@example.com